Monday, May 6, 2013

Overall Experience

Journal #12

My overall experience at the ARC in Alfred, NY was very good. I learned a lot during my experience but probably the thing I learned the most was that even though people with disabilities can require lots of additional support, can be stressful, and emergencies can happen anytime, the residents are very kind and awesome. They have very kind and sweet personalities.  They are not as violent and uncooperative like most adults seem to be in the world today. They work on achieving their goals and follow a structure routine as requested. They adhere to the rules of the house while continuing to do their own thing.  They have jobs and are productive citizens. I really enjoyed my practicum and I feel that I learned a lot about a population of people and a worthy organization that I really knew nothing about.

No comments: