Monday, May 11, 2015

Farwell Alfred

I am feeling very sad while writing this editorial because I do not want to say goodbye to Alfred State College. The experiences and opportunities I have had in my three years here have shaped who I am. The maturity, personal growth, and intelligence I have gained has been fantastic to experience. My first time coming here I was not sure what my goals were, but I now know what I want in my life. I have achieved being a leader, being comfortable in my own skin, confidence in myself, gained many close friends I can rely on, learned how to find resources to be “in the know,” feel connected with the college and community members, found my inner passions, gained confidence talking to people without pressure or fear, finding out who I really am, and what makes me truly happy. Becoming editor of the Tor Echo has improved my writing skills, fulfilled a bucket list moment, and I cannot thank Dr. Quinn enough for this amazing opportunity. I will be graduating from Alfred State College knowing that it is a place that I consider my home away from home.




No comments: