Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sarah Goodwin Revisited

1) Analyze as a utilitarian and state your conclusion. A utilitarian would send the food to the ghetto not thinking about the consequences of the action.

2) Analyze as a Deontologist and state your conclusion. A deontologist would not send the food to the ghetto.

3) Analyze as a Virtue ethicist and state your conclusion. A virtue ethics person would choose the best action that reflects their behavior. I would not want to send the food to the ghetto but I would still follow order because of job security. 


4)Analyze as a Justice ethicist and state your conclusion. Distribute justice supports that distribution of resources must be done in a fair manner for all. These resources can be delivered in a variety of forms such as: money, benefits, recognition and rewards.  A distributive justice person would want to send the food to the ghetto because it redistributes the food equally.

5)What would you have done and why? My first reaction to this dilemma my reaction was disgusted and I would not have sent the food to the ghetto. But now that I have more experience with job security and how important it’s to me I would have followed orders and sent the food to the ghetto because I would not want to lose my job. 

No comments: