Sunday, February 22, 2015

Tech Writing cover letter midterm

November 18th, 2014

Lynnette Lockwood
221 Peet Hall
Alfred, NY 14802

Dr. Quinn
10 Upper College Drive
Alfred, NY 14802

Dear Dr. Quinn,

I am qualified for the Community Habilitation Aide position because I am a multitasker, I set priorities, always follow through on a plan or decision made, and I have strong communication skills. I am inquisitive, fluent in Spanish, and have strong writing skills. I know how to set and make sure deadlines are met. I am a very determined, motivated individual. I complete my work to the fullest and best way possible. I know how to use MS word, MS excel, MS publisher, MS PowerPoint, and Prezi presentations. 

I have completed a 106 hour internship at the ARC in Alfred, NY January 2013-April 2013. I learned how to work with adults with developmental disabilities, learned how to read and implement an ISP plan, and learned SCIP situational, crisis, intervention, prevention. I have my two year associates degree in human services. I was a Girl Scout for 13 years and have participated in many volunteer/civic engagement activities.

I have participated in ­the spring break Habitat for Humanity Myrtle Beach, SC trip. I took out rugs, scraped floor for sealment, painted walls, and sealed a floor. I participated in a Sandy disaster relief trip to Long Island, NY. I assisted in the demolition of a house, pulled up floors, and broke up plaster and boards. I have participated in the Martin Luther King Community Service Day. I helped at Alfred Public Library assisting children in an educational program.  

I am involved in the student organization for service (SOS) club at Alfred State, Japanese Dance Club and Alfred University Cheer. These clubs are relevant because the clubs have helped me learn how to rely on other people, work as a team, and understand group dynamics. I am qualified for this position because I have leadership experience. I am in a leadership position with the Tor Echo as head editor, completed the blue level Emerging Pioneer Leadership Program and I am currently working toward the Gold Level, and I am a positive role model for students. 

Through my experiences at Alfred State College I have learned many practical skills such as how to live on my own, be confident in my own skin, be more outgoing and sociable, and advocate for myself, discover what my true passions are, and how to be the best version of myself. These skills and personal growth will help me to be able to enter the work force in a positive way and have an easier transition.

Sincerely,
Lynnette Lockwood


No comments: