Monday, March 2, 2015

Getting to Know Cultures Spotlight Saraf



Name: Saraf Sampritee

Where are you from? Bangledash.

Why did you choose Alfred State? I was supposed to go to Canada but my Visa wouldn’t work there because my country and Canada are not on good terms.

Do you like Alfred State? Yes I do. What do you like about it? The people are very friendly.

What is the hardest thing about moving here? The weather.

Do you find it difficult to keep up with the culture of your home country alive while trying to assimilate into American culture? No. I have traveled a lot around the world so I know how to keep up with it.

 Do you feel discriminated against? No.

What do you think are the biggest misperceptions of your people to Americans? Everyone in my country thinks that Americans are druggies but they are not.

Do you plan on staying in America once you graduate? No I don’t. I want to take over my dad’s business.

No comments: