Monday, March 2, 2015

Journal #3 Thinking Fast

I have always had trouble with thinking on my feet and this has been one of my biggest challenges during my internship. If I get too much information at once I can get confused and it is difficult for my brain to be able to process information quickly. I have always felt that my thinking processes take longer and I am more efficient when I am given one or two directives at a time. It can be difficult for me to interrupt my train of thought, switch gears and do a different task that may be asked of me. I desire to finish my thoughts and then do what has been asked, however this is not always possible. I realize that this slower step process is not what the real work world expects.  Multi-tasking has never been my strong suit, but a month into my internship I am finding that I am developing this skill. I realize that this is a skill I need to develop to be able to prepare for my future work career. 

No comments: