Thursday, February 27, 2014

Power

1. What major power bases have you found to be successful for you to use in influencing people? I haven’t had much experience with influencing people with power. I haven’t had a job where I have been in a position where I can access the use of power.

2. Which of the major power bases have been most difficult for you to master using? The most difficult to master for me would be coercive power. I have a difficult time telling people bad news. But I do know I will have to do this eventually in the future and I can work on it.

3. Think of the most effective leader or coach or mentor you have worked with - which of the power bases did they use and how could you describe their influence on you. I don’t remember the most influential leader I have ever encountered but I do know that when I really like someone or connect with them well I enjoy their company. I want to associate with them. Their power influences me in a positive way and I am bubbly toward them.

4. Reflect on the worst/most ineffective leader that you have worked with - which power bases did they employ and how did they try to influence you? I don’t remember the most ineffective leader but I do know that I don’t take constructive criticism well. But I do improve my behavior after receiving it though. But I usually withdraw myself and try to avoid the person. It doesn't have to be a person of authority it can be friends that have influence over me.


No comments: