Tuesday, February 11, 2014

About Me


I am Lynnette Lockwood. My major is human service management. I chose this major because I like helping people. I am a junior in the program but I transferred from Corning Community College so this is my 2 year at Alfred. I have an associates in liberal arts from CCC and an associates in human services from Alfred State.
My hobbies include journaling, reading, my favorite series is Percy Jackson and the Olympians, walking, dancing, singing, watching movies, listening to music, watching TV, my favorite TV show is Pretty Little Liars, I collect snow globes, stamps, rocks, bookmarks, and pencil sharpeners, traveling, and knitting.
I see leadership as a ways to inspire and be role models for people of all ages. I think that having a good reputation and following through on goals and objectives are great ways to be a leader. I want to learn to be an effective leader and become more confident in my abilities to lead.

Previous Leadership

EPLP Blue Level
Spanish Club President
Yorkers Club President
Drama Club Treasurer -3yrs
Girl Scout -13yrs
Youth for Youth – implemented an recycling program
AWANA – LIT leader in training

 Part 2

1. The most effective leadership I have encountered would be the terrace dining hall. I work in the terrace dining hall at Alfred State College and the way that my boss and the student managers interact and run things is very good. If there is a problem they come right up to you and tell you and change it and it’s so smooth.
       The most ineffective leadership I have ever encountered would be when I went on a Girl Scout destination trip. The way they ran it was very ineffective. They had a schedule of the places you were supposed to see and the things you were supposed to do and it was all changed.  It was the most disorganized trip I had ever been on.

2. An effective leader is organized, structured, if an issue comes up they fix it quickly, great listening skills, honest, trustworthy, credible, and follows through. Ineffective leaders are not organized, not structured, doesn’t fix issues, has terrible listening skills, not honest, not trustworthy, and not credible.






No comments: