Thursday, April 10, 2014

Personal Motivational Style


My motivational style is encouraged by a leader that presents an altruistic style. This style motivates me by giving me opportunities to improve society and to help others less fortunate than me (Hughes, 2013). This motivation is further fueled by my need for achievement. The need for achievement, involves a very strong desire to achieve quality for production. I must achieve something tangible each day in order to feel satisfied about myself. I have an internal fire burning inside of me; that pushes me to start new tasks and work long hours without burning out (Gallup Strength Finder, 2013).
                       When I motivate others I feel comfortable with the traditional style. I feel that motivating others in an organization is easier when it has strong customs and standards of behavior which give it cohesiveness and direction using clear guidelines (Hughes, 2013).
             At this time I am mostly intrinsically motivated. I have a strong achievement orientation and desire values, but as I enter the workforce I anticipate that I will become more extrinsically motivated. Making money, having job security and helping others will be a good combination with my achievement orientation and desire for values. I feel that Human Services is a good fit for me.
            I have accompanied others on several mission trips to Mexico, Myrtle Beach and NYC to assist others to rebuild due to disaster. These were extremely motivating for me. I achieved a quality product while helping others which is just the right combination for my personality.

           

 

No comments: