Saturday, April 19, 2014

Work Style

1. The best motivational style that a manger should use on me is structure and organization. I like things to be predictable, ordered and planned. I love routine, focus on timelines and deadlines and work through each plan diligently. Structure formed by routines and timelines help motivate me. I have impatience with errors, and my detail orientation is maintaining my progress and my productivity.

2. Empowerment is the style I would use to motivate others. Empowerment is a very effective way to get people to cooperate and support the message you are trying to get across. If an employee is empowered they will be self-determined, develop a sense of meaning, high competence in their abilities, and high influence. An employee that lacks empowerment will not be determined, sure if what they do is important, and be low in competence abilities and influence

3.  I am intrinsically and extrinsically motivated. I used to be just strictly intrinsically motivated. I loved being by myself and hated working in groups. But since I have come to Alfred State I have grown in myself and have become more extrinsically motivated. I love having lots of friends, I do not dislike working in groups, and I enjoy being social.

4. The most motivational speaker/experience I have ever had is when I went to hear Al Gore. Before I went to see him I was not really interested in environmental issues with the Earth, but after I listened to him I actively started to care and became a huge environmentalist. The way he presented his message really motivated me.
 
Hughes, R. L., Ginnett, R. C., & Curphy, G. J. (2013). Leadership: enhancing the lessons of experience. Homewood, IL: Irwin.

 

No comments: