Thursday, April 30, 2015

Journal #10 Site Visit and Future Outlook

I had a very good site visit the other day. It was a relief for me because I was feeling nervous and really did not know what to expect. This site visit was different than my first site visit which was very informal. The teacher did not interact with me or ask questions, just observed and heightened my anxiety.

During this most recent site visit I liked the privacy that was provided while answering her questions. This style boosted my confidence and therefore I felt that I was able to answer sufficiently. One of the questions she asked me was “what do you see and what do you want to do in the last few weeks at your internship?” I responded that I am disappointed because I do not feel that I am ready to go out in the working environment to start my career and I wish I had more time to grow. However this internship has helped me realize how much I have matured in my thinking, problem solving and actions, while utilizing a professional approach.

In addition I commented that I hoped that I could find a job in my career choice and increase my networking skills. I am working towards my ultimate goal by coordinating with the Career Center to plan for the Human Service’s Day and also preparing a specific Human Service resume to distribute to potential agencies.

No comments: