Thursday, April 2, 2015

What We Are Doing?

Tricia Herritt
Phone 607-587-4059

This week internship I helped Tricia with a lot of projects and activities. I started my internship early. I helped out with internship of new international students. I helped several students through the week with various things like computer skills, career websites to look for jobs in the area, registering for classes, and giving a tour.  I researched event ideas, made a poster for Lunar New Year, attended international club meeting, attended a Kaleidoscope coalition meeting, researched Saudi Arabia and Chinese New Year, had lunch and dinner with internationals, and talked to Tricia about goals.
In the next 30 to 60 days I will help Tricia with many things. I will learn how the Saudi Arabian students adapt and integrate into American society, interview students for a Tor Echo spotlight, video tape student interviews for Tunnel of Oppression, write and research articles for cultural diversity for the Tor Echo, learn about the services and requirements the department has for international students, and develop a better cultural competency of a new student population from Saudi Arabia. I will assist with international student needs by assisting with daily activities in the office, help with objectives on the computer, attend International Club meetings and kaleidoscope meetings, and collaborate with other clubs/organizations with events and activities. I will learn how to network with the surrounding community to expand my network by talking to everyone, asking more questions when I meet new people, contact Scio School for Japanese Dance Club event and I will assist with the Office of Communication/Admissions and ISSO with the promotion of current students for recruiting future students by developing a recruitment video. 


No comments: