Thursday, April 2, 2015

Journal #7 Internship Benefits

I love my internship at the International Student Services Office. It is much better than my first internship experience and I enjoy working with a completely different student population. The opportunities that I have experienced has expanded my problem-solving techniques and broadened my horizons for thinking outside of the box.

This internship has given me multiple options to work independently, learn new skills, obtain more leadership opportunities, and make more decisions in positive ways. This internship has provided me with the tools to be more “in the know” of what is happening at Alfred State, improving my abilities to be a better editor for the school paper and has expanded my abilities for networking.  I have had difficulty being able to use my resources and network properly to find out information. In the past I have felt like I did not know where to start, but I can now say that my skill has vastly improved and it has opened doors for me in so many directions. I am a lot more mature in my thinking than I was my first year here at college and when I completed my first internship. I have learned and experienced so many new things with my internship and I am so grateful to be able to say it was a successful experience for me.

No comments: